Thursday, March 28, 2019

One mother's most important sound



From Debra Hartman:






I decided it's that first cry after you have a baby. The sound never leaves you. Even after 3 am feedings, colics, and other gross bodily fluids babies do so well, you can still close your eyes and remember that sweet sound that the life you created is ALIVE!






With my son, breach, 10.5 ounces, 5 transfusions, and someone on the P A yelling, code blue, code blue. Doctors slipping in to say they just ran out of 0 positive. Trying to type match me for anything that might work. At any rate, I had a reaction to the transfusion. Afterward, they wanted to ask me questions about being dead. That was a shocker! I guess I died on the table 3 times. My daughter weighed 9.9 and a bit. She put me thru the same hell. BUT, remembering the sounds of both of their pitiful cries and knowing I was still around.






But shoot, thunder is good, also.












x

No comments:

Post a Comment